The sonography is a useful diagnostic procedure. It consists of the emission of not audible sounds for human ear (ultrasound), sent to inner organs. Then they bounce and produce echoes which are collected by sonogram machine which can be make an image.
In pregnancy many studies can be made. The vaginal and obstetric ultrasounds are the main studies There are too many not pregnant women diseases to evaluate by ultrasound.
In Salud de Mujer we can give you many options to evaluate your baby or to find your gynecologic disease cause:
- 1. First trimester Endovaginal Ultrasound: we can tell you the pregnancy age, to see the number of babies and to make an ectopic pregnancy diagnosis.
- 2. Abdominal Obstetric Ultrasound: Since second trimester we will take fetal measurements, his growth, his environment and his general aspect. We will give you a CD and some printed images.
- 3. Level III Ultrasound: It is an obstetric ultrasound plus a detail examination of fetal anatomy.
- 4. 3D-4D Sonogram: it uses software to see depth images with volume what makes more real the exam. It can be seen in real time (4D sonogram).
- 5. Biophysical Profile: Evaluates fetal environment to check on a baby´s well being.
- 6. Doppler Ultrasound : A Doppler test uses reflected sound waves to see how blood flows through a blood vessel, it can be used to predict preeclampsia or to evaluate the placenta or the fetus compromise in some diseases.
- 7. Cervical Length Measurement: The cervical lenght could predict a real preterm labor. It can be used in asymptomatic or ill pregnant patients.
- 8. Gynecological Transvaginal Ultrasound: it’s the main exam to evaluate uterus, ovaries, endometrium and pelvic masses. Its mandatory in the study of pelvic pain, uterine bleeding, fibroid tumors, infertility, endometriosis and malformations.
- 9. Gynecological Transrectal (TR) Ultrasound: It´s similar to transvaginal. It can be used when transvaginal (TV) l can´t be done. Its findings are similar to those of TV sonogram.
- 10. Gynecological Abdominal Ultrasound: This exam is useful in cases when TV o TR sonograms can´t be done. Its diagnostic power is lesser than TV or TR.
- Gestational Diabetes: Increased sugar level at any time during pregnancy.
- Intrauterine growth restriction: fetal growth deficit by alteration in the placenta, for chromosomal abnormalities and genetic defects, or constitution.
- Preterm birth syndrome: Uterine contractions with a regular pattern that allows changes in the cervix produce delivery before 37 weeks.